Womens’ health and beauty
Let’s feel beautiful, healthy and full of energy today and all days!
The years leading to menopause mean a real transition in the lives of women. We approach the end of our reproducing period and soon will open a new chapter. For quite a few women, this transition is hard to accept, despite the fact that it is part of all women’s lives. Some start to be slightly worried about health issues and most if not all women would like to carry on feeling beautiful, fit and young for many more years.
The natural decrease in feminine hormonal levels has an impact on health. Apart from various discomforts such as heat waves, poor sleep, irritability, this change might make us think twice about certain health issues such as osteoporosis, joint pain, cardiovascular health, weight management etc… Even in these times of constant communication, the menopause topic remains touchy. Some women might fear to lose their appeal, to be side lined by younger ones…
Wouldn’t it rather be the precise moment to renew ourselves and to make a commitment to take care of ourselves more, often after years of maternity and/or establishing a career? Finally freed from the natural constraints of menstruation, would it be time for women to express their strength and confidence? To blossom even more with passing years? Taking steps to improve your health can provide a feeling of well-being, which will enable you to consider this period of life in a more positive manner.
To cherish one’s health, nutrition can play an important role, as well as sport, kindness toward ourselves and others and the pursuit of a passion which puts us into regular contacts with others.
In order to maintain beauty and health, specific nutrition has a lot to offer : The need for specific nutrients changes from the menopause onwards.
- Bones: a reasonable intake of calcium is needed for a normal bone health. Dairy products and green vegetables contain calcium that is gradually made available to the body during digestion and helps to support bone substance. Collagen is a protein, and proteins contribute to the maintenance of normal bone structure.
- Joints: as early as the menopause, specialists observe the onset of cartilage damage. Vitamin C contributes to the normal formation of collagen to ensure the normal function of cartilage.
- Nervous system: Magnesium deficiency is found in almost 80% of the population. Magnesium contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Skin, hair and nails: Biotin, niacin, riboflavin, vitamin C and zinc help maintain normal skin. Zinc and selenium contribute to the maintenance of normal hair and nails.
- Cholesterol must be under control. Beta-glucans help to maintain normal cholesterol levels.
- Women who have already reached menopause rarely need to supplement their iron intake due to the cessation of menstruation, but it is always better to check with your doctor.
- Antioxidants: Riboflavin, vitamins C and E, selenium and zinc help protect cells from oxidative stress.
- Muscles: Proteins help maintain and increase muscle mass. Calcium and magnesium contribute to normal muscle function.
- Liver functions and fat metabolism: choline contributes to normal lipid metabolism and liver function.
- For normal blood sugar levels: chrôme
In addition to these nutrients, there are a few tips for living well during this period:
- Benevolence towards oneself. Instead of constantly concentrating on your faults, focus on your beautiful side. No woman is perfect (and if she were, what a bore!) and each one radiates in a particular way.
- Take care of your inner self: Take part in enriching social, relaxing and spiritual activities. These can help reduce the stress and anxiety that often leads women to be overly critical of their appearance. Pursue or find an interest or activity that occupies the mind and satisfies the soul.
- Play sports! According to many studies, sport is very effective against depression, reduces anxiety, supports the cardiovascular system, bones and joints while helping to control weight. Exercise helps women feel better about their bodies whether they lose weight or not. A great source of happiness is to take part in group exercise sessions. We create bonds when we meet regularly to do sports. Learning to take care of your body is essential for your well-being.
It is very important to learn to take care of our bodies in order to enjoy living in them!
Always consult a doctor in case of health problems or for a preventive check-up